Monday, June 20, 2011

Boredom

I'm seriously so bored right now. Summer feels as if it's going by at a glacial pace, something I wouldn't mind if there was more to do in Junction City, Kansas. I want to explore, go out into the world and be entertained by something alien and exciting.

It may be because I'm a schedule type of guy. I like knowing I have things to do and when I'm doing them. If there's a space in between events, that space seems so far away even if it's just a few days away from happening. I read, but there's still so much time to be filled up. I write, but sometimes I draw a blank with my creativity that prevents me from producing any decent kind of writing.

I wish July would hurry up and come. So much else seems to be happening then; there's the Fourth of July weekend, followed by the last Harry Potter movie. Then a few days after that I head off to Michigan for a week and a half vacation. By then July will be almost over and August will come, which will mean to return of school and the departure of my sister Elizabeth as she heads off to Emporia for college. I'm not gonna lie when I say I'm kind of ready for August to be here. Call me lame, but I've really missed going to school since it disbanded a month ago. I'm just ready to be doing something, even if it is mounds of homework. I know I won't be saying this once it's here, but for right now, I'm so bored the thought of that moment being here sounds so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment