Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm Rollin'

So in the past few weeks I've been on a roll as far as reading goes. Just a few minutes ago I finally finished CHELSEA CHELSEA BANG BANG by Chelsea Handler. This is something I'm excited about because I started the book when it first came out in March and am finishing it now...in July. That's pretty sad, considering the book is only slightly over 240 pages and I'm known for plowing through books twice as long as that. But I do have a good excuse!

You see, I'd been very focused on working on my own book for a while. That was my number one priority, and then I had schoolwork, and then my OTHER job at Papa Murphy's. I was forced to give up reading because I just had no time for it. The only reading I did was required reading for my Honors English class (there were some good books I read that way, however). Summer came and I was still working on my book, and I began reading the Twilight novella, which I quickly lost interest in about halfway through. However, I brought the book THIRTEEN REASONS WHY by Jay Asher on my vacation at the beginning of the month and I just...kept...reading. I'd met the author, so I think that was a big reason why I was set on finishing it. And behold, I got around to finishing it near the end of the vacation! With the draft of my book done, I had time to catch up with my reading. I read the rest of the Twilight novella, and finished up the rest of Chelsea's book. All in the matter of 3 weeks!

Now I'm on a roll, and I'm set on finishing up one book I stopped reading halfway at the start of summer before the inevitable start of school, bringing with it the inevitable homework that will include the required reading for my AP Language class. Hopefully I can finish it!

By the way, Chelsea's book was pretty freakin' funny. If you were curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment