Saturday, July 24, 2010

Owl City

I love music. I'm not in love with it like some people, but I love blasting a song through my headphones as I shoot some baskets through my barely-clinging-on hoop in my backyard. I'll listen to a variety of music, but there's one artist whose music I can't stop listening to. And I don't want to.

First, Owl City. Like everyone else, I'd heard "Fireflies" on the radio, and I liked its funky beat. However, it wasn't a song I was particularly interested in. Owl City even made a stop at KSU back in January, and my sister Elizabeth was dying to go, but me, I didn't really care. I'd only heard that one song, so I wasn't going to go to a concert that I wasn't sure I'd enjoy.

Then, in newspaper class one day, Jessica kindly allowed me to listen to her iPod, and she happened to have Owl City's entire album on it. Curious, I clicked on a song called "Hello Seattle", and let's just say the rest is history.

After I listened to "Hello Seattle" a good twenty times, "The Saltwater Room" was next. Then "Vanilla Twilight". Then "Dental Care". It just kept going on to the point where I was obsessed with this guy's music! The sound and lyrics are so unique, and the entire time you're listening to his album it's like you're on some whismical ride. Read into the quirky lyrics and you'll find sentimental love stories, as well as other things just about anybody could relate to. Now that I'm a full-fledged Owl City fan, I look back to January and regret I wasn't as enthusiastic about going to his concert as I should've been.

By the way, you should know I just got his CD, "Ocean Eyes", on Thursday (Thanks, Jessica!). But I can't even listen to it because my CD player has been dead for about six months now.

Luckily I've got the entire album pretty much memorized.

"Hello Seattle, I am a mountaineer..."

1 comment:

  1. :) you're catching up,sir!
    Haha, fer real,I'm in love with his music too.

    "The spaces between my fingers are right where yours fit perfectly."<3

    ReplyDelete