Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ridin' Solo. For Real.

So today I got my license (I hope I spelled that right), and I thought I should make a post about it. No, I'm not gonna go into detail about the event, I just wanted to sort of celebrate this moment with 5 followers.

There are a lot of songs out there that I can relate to, and really make me feel good about myself. And for this moment, my Celebratory Song, as I like to call it, is Jason DeRulo's "Ridin' Solo." I mean, it's a little appropriate, considering the event. I know the song's mainly about living the single life, and while my interpretation for it today is a little more literal, I thought it was a right fit for the post. That, and it's an epic song!



But seriously, this is a huge triumph for me. I remember getting my learner's permit back when I was 14. I was pretty terrible at driving, and though I got better, even in my weeks pre-license I still had some humiliating driving moments. But I really wanted to prove skeptics wrong, and I really wanted to be able to drive on my own! I worked on getting better and went in the DMV today with a positive attitude. I told myself I'd pass the test, and I did. The fact that I was able to achieve this goal instills a huge self-confidence in myself, particularly in places in my life where self-confidence has been lacking lately. It helps me to believe that with hard work and an "I'll get this" attitude that things are possible.

See you guys on the road! You know what I'll be jamming out to...

No comments:

Post a Comment