Monday, August 23, 2010

2nd Week. About 30-something more to go.

Today was the start of the second week of my junior year. As you faithful followers of mine may recall, about a month ago I dedicated a blog to whether or not I'd be ready for school next month. Well, that month's come and passed. Would you like to hear the verdict?

Truthfully, I'm not sure yet.

I definitely don't like waking up so early. I'm pretty much a zombie when I take a shower and get dressed in the morning, so much so I often crawl into bed after I'm done getting ready. It's not much help, but it'll do. I definitely don't like homework, although the only problems I see myself having involving homework is Chemistry. That is, until next semester, when I have Trig...

There are a few friends I don't have in classes that I would definitely love having classes with. I miss our reminiscing and laughing out loud during the classes we had together last year. But I get to see them a lot still, so I guess it'll do.

There are things I do like, though. So far I'm loving my AP Language class, despite getting a 2/7 on the first quiz. But it was for completion only, so it's all good. The teacher's pretty beast too, as well as my History teacher. And I have a lot of my friends in that class. I love that my locker isn't in that dark hallway on the bottom floor that seems to get smaller and smaller every time I walk through it. Man, I hate that hallway.

So, if I were to judge how the year was going so far, I'd say it's okay. I've got my license and I (kind of) have my own car now, so I can sometimes go pick up a friend and go on a joy ride on the weekends. That's a big plus. MOCKINGJAY, a book I've been dying to read for months now to read, comes out tomorrow, so I'm pretty stoked about that. There will definitely be a review of that book coming in the next few weeks on the blog. My job at Papa Murphy's is really starting to aggravate me, but I've accepted it's something I have to deal with for the time being. I really need to get back to writing; I miss it a lot. Hopefully sometime soon I can finally start that new novel...

Okay, now I'm rambling. My bad. But I felt the need to make up for my near two week absence. Things have been a little stressful lately, but I'm hoping for the best and things will get better. I'm a pretty patient guy. Though May 19th seems more like ten years away than nine months...

2 comments: